RULES & REGULATIONS
Rules and Regulations
1. Tickets must be purchased prior to fishing rodeo.
2. All fish categories will be determined by weight in lbs. to the nearest 10th. In event of tie, first fish weighed wins.
3. All decisions of Weigh Master are final.
4. All fish must be taken on hook and line. Mutilated, frozen, shot or otherwise unsportsmanlike catches will not be accepted for competition.
5. All fish entered become the property of the rodeo association unless otherwise specified.
6. When weighing in a fish, participant must present rodeo ticket.
7. A participant may register only one Speckled Trout per day.
8. There will be eight (8) Daily trophies awarded for Speckled Trout only.
9. Awards will be presented to Best All Around Speckled Trout Angler.
10. Total Overall weight will determine winner.
11. Dudley Gaspard, Sr. Memorial Trophy awarded for Largest Speckled Trout caught by Male.
12. Kathleen Domangue Memorial Trophy awarded for Largest Speckled Trout caught by Female.
13. A participant may register one Redfish per day over 27" long.
14. Award Ceremony begins at 6:00 P.M. Saturday at the Bridge Side Marina. There will be drawings for door prizes following the award presentation (Ticket must be present to win).
15. 3 Places for Rat Red Fish 27" & under
16. Any one caught altering the weight of a fish or fishing outside of boundaries or breaking any rodeo rules and regulations, the individual and fishing team will be barred from fishing the rodeo for life.
Boundaries are from:
• West (East) Timbalier Island
• East Grand Bayou
• North St. Mary's Point
• Boundaries do not include, The Green Monster, Sandy
Point, Venice area.
• Private Property, ponds or canals are NOT in the
boundaries of the rodeo.
Weigh Station Hours
Weigh Station Hours are from:
• Friday & Saturday 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
• Fishing may begin after safe light Thursday AM
Entry Fee / Registration
• Entry fee is $25.00 per person, includes rodeo cap,
fishing the event, $2,000.00 entrance prizes, door
prizes Saturday afternoon. Meals Friday and Saturday, along with corn-hole, bingo and live DJ Friday.
End the night Saturday with Chase Tyler band at 8pm
• Tickets available at Bridge Side and Coastal Realty Office
• All rodeo tickets must have date and time of purchase.
• Distribution of the $2,000.00 entrance prize will be:
one $750.00, one $500.00, one $250.00, and
five $100.00 drawings. (Need not be present to win.)
• Sponsorships are available for $1,000.00, $500.00,
$200.00 & $100.00.
(Includes tickets and caps.)
In addition to 8 daily Speckled Trout trophies,
we award three places in:
• Redfish, • Flounder, • Sheepshead, • Ling, • Mangrove and Red Snappers, • Drum, • White Trout, and • Rat Reds (27" and under).
" Take a Kid Fishing" for our special Youth Division (12 & under): categories are • Speckled Trout, • Redfish and • Hard Head Catfish.